The FLIR Lepton™ is the most compact longwave infrared (LWIR) sensor available as an OEM product. It packs a resolution of 80 × 60 pixels into a camera body that is smaller than a dime. This revolutionary camera core is poised to equip a new generation of mobile and handheld devices, as well as small fixed-mount camera systems, with thermal imaging capabilities never seen before.
Lepton is the technology behind FLIR’s ground-breaking FLIR One camera mount for the iPhone 5 and iPhone—and that’s only the beginning.
Lepton contains a breakthrough lens fabricated in wafer form, along with a microbolometer focal plane array (FPA) and advanced thermal image processing. It creates even sharper images when combined with FLIR’s patented Multi-Spectral Imaging (MSX®) technology, which extracts detail from a visible light camera and embosses it on the thermal image created by Lepton.
New devices equipped with thermal imaging have incredible potential in the areas of health, safety, temperature measurement, and presence detection. And due to high volume manufacturing techniques, FLIR can deliver Lepton at a price point that is an order of magnitude below other thermal camera cores.
Designers need only supply standard mobile industry voltages and a clock to Lepton. In turn, Lepton delivers high-quality, fully-processed thermal images through mobile industry standard interfaces.
- Safety & Security – See people lurking around in the dark at your home or business.
- Automotive – Detect living beings in a car to prevent children or animals from being left in hot cars.
- Micro and Nano UAV/UGV platforms – Lepton makes even smaller UAV/UAG platforms possible.
- Home Repair & Energy Efficiency – Find hidden air leaks, missing insulation, and water damage.
- Building Automation & Presence Detection – Use Lepton as a sensor to operate doors or activate HVAC systems automatically.
Doing Business With FLIR Systems
Lepton is designed for high volume applications. While we encourage companies of all sizes and technical expertise to integrate our products, FLIR has established a minimum order quantity (MOQ) of 1,000 units on Lepton orders. We are taking this position to ensure that we can continue provide our customers the world class level of support FLIR is known for. Please contact your sales representative today to discuss how FLIR can bring thermal imaging technology into your solutions.